Short Inka Trail 2 Days
The Inca Trail of 2d/1n, is a shorter version of the Inca Trail 4 days, although only a small stretch of official Inca Trail, starting in the km104 very close to the Central Hidroélectrica de Machu Picchu, this road leads directly to the archaeological site of Wiñayhuayna and then to the majestic citadel of Machu Picchu.
It is a good alternative for trekking lovers that don´t have much time, but want to live part of this experience.
Short Inka Trail 2 Days
CUSCO km 104 – AGUAS CALIENTES:
We will pick you up very early from your hotel. Then our private transportation will carry to Ollantaytambo Train Station where we will board a train to Kilometer 104, where we will begin our Inca Trail, and the first place to visit is the small town of Chachabamba. After three hours of hiking, we will arrive at the Wiñayhuayna Archeological Site, whose name means “Eternal Youth,” where we will have lunch and then explore the area. We will then continue for about one hour further onto ‘Inti Punku’ (The ‘Sun gate’) (2730m/8792ft) from where you will have your first and impressive view of Machu Picchu (2400m/7873ft), as you are arriving late in the day you may be lucky enough to enjoy the view by yourself! After getting those classic photos, we will walk down the last part of the trail towards the ancient city and take a side path off the trail to go down to Aguas Calientes, as we will visit Machu Picchu on day 2. We’re going to take the bus down to Aguas Calientes where you will check into your accommodation, and a celebratory dinner before getting to bed early in preparation for the next day’s early start.
Meals Included: (L)(D)
AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO:
We have breakfast and then take the first bus up to Machu Picchu. A walking tour (approximately 2.5 hours) is given by your guide so that later you can have free time to explore and enjoy the breathtaking and mysterious Inca city. At an agreed-upon time, in the afternoon, we will board the train from Aguas Calientes to return to Cusco (Cuzco) where you be taken to your hotel.
- Professional Tour Guide.
- Private transport from hotel to Train Station and vice-versa.
- Box lunch on first day for lunch time.
- Dinner in Aguas Calientes town.
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- 1 breakfast on day 2 at hotel.
- Entrance fee to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu.
- Entrance fee for second day to Machu Picchu.
- Bus ticket: Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes / Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes.
- Round trip train journey.
- First aid kit & oxygen.
- Breakfast in first day and dinner in last day.
- Tips for guide, porters and cookers.
What you need to take:
- Original passport.
- A light day backpack with personal items and toiletries.
- Clothing molting (the necessary for 2 days.)
- Personal Medication.
- Hiking boots.
- Rain jacket or rain poncho.
- Sleeping bag.
- Trekking poles (optional).
- Sunscreen, sunhat & sunglasses.
- Insect Repellent.
- Water bottles (in general we can fill up with boiled water once a day, so you should carry as much capacity you need for the day.
- Energy bars.
- Extra money to buy groceries, souvenirs, etc.
- Filmadora and / or camera with lots of spare film or memory.