Tour huata ollantaytambo 4Days
This hike begins in the small town of Huata, along the Sacred Valley, is a trek with a regular level average, since from the top we can see the beautiful mountains surrounding the Sacred Valley, also allows us to appreciate the beautiful Inca quarries, giving us a better idea of Inca architecture, then descend to the picturesque town of Ollantaytambo, and having one of the best panoramic views of the archaeological site of Ollantaytambo.
Tour huata ollantaytambo 4Days
CUSCO – ANAPAHUA:
We will pick you up from your hotel very early and then go to Tarpiso Bridge, approximately one hour and thirty minutes, this is the place where horsemen will wait us and after an introduction to the area, we start our Inca trek, climbing about three hours to the center Inca archaeological “Huata” located 3800 meters above sea level, after lunch explore the archaeological center at the top of the mountain and then begin the descent of an hour to our camp in the small town of Anapahua.
ANAPAHUA – PEROLNIOC:
After breakfast, we start our trek along the mountain by a gentle ascent for about two hours until the next town called “Sojma”, then a short break we start our ascent to the beautiful waterfall “Perolnioc”, from where we will continue our walk to the archaeological site of the same name, located at the top of the waterfall (3, 680 m.a.s.l.), from where we can see part of the Sacred Valley of the Incas, a little above rest for have a delicious lunch, then continue our adventure trek to the camp site for one hour more.
PEROLNIOC – CHOQUETACARPO:
Begin this day, leaving our camp site, beginning with a climb to the Pass of Charcahuaylla (time is approximately 3 hours 30 minutes). After a small decline, we will enjoy a delicious lunch for then go around the mountain for another hour and enjoy a splendid view of the Sacred Valley. Then, we’ll start our descent to our camp along a small Inca archaeological Site known as Choquetacarpo. Descent along the pass by a beautiful viewpoint from where we can see much of the Sacred Valley of the Incas as the beautiful mountains of Veronica, Huacayhuillca, Pumasillo, Chicón and other peaks.
CACHICATA – CUSCO:
Only about 30 minutes by bus, we will explore the most famous Inca quarry trail (Inca quarry) called “Cachicata Quarries”, a very important place in the Inca Empire. We may also see some Inca tomb, and continue our descent to the town of Ollantaytambo; approximate walking time is four hours, after lunch beside the Inca Bridge with a beautiful view of the Urubamba River, we board the transport back to Cusco (Cuzco).
- Pre briefing before the trek.
- Pick up from your hotel in the morning of trek departure by private transportation.
- English/Spanish speaking Professional Guide.
- Chef and support staff.
- Meals as described in itinerary: (B) breakfast (A) lunch (C) dinner, our chef will prepare traditional Peruvian food with selected quality food, typical of our region and great care in preparation. If you have any special preference, let us to know in advance.
- Tents Eureka Timberline 4 Seasons.
- Equipment: Dining tent, kitchen tent, tables and chairs, utensils.
- Biodegradable bathroom tent.
- Personal inflatable Mattress Thermarest.
- Personal Duffle.
- Horsemen who will lead the horses and movement of equipment and all stuff.
- Horses and/or mules to carry the camping equipment, kitchen equipment and dining, backpacks, sleeping bags and mattresses.
- An emergency horse, which can be ridden if you are feeling ill or feels a little slower.
- First aid kit and oxygen.
- Breakfast in the first day and dinner last day.
- Sleeping bags.
- Tips for horsemen, cook and guide.
- An additional horse if you need to carry more stuff
- A light day backpack with personal items and toiletries.
- Clothing molting (suitable clothing like warm and fleece clothes for night and light clothes for day, because the weather conditions change along the day)
- Personal Medication.
- Hiking boots.
- Rain jacket or rain poncho.
- Sleeping bag.
- Trekking poles (optional).
- Sunscreen, sunhat & sunglasses.
- Deep Insect Repellent.
- Water bottles (in general we can fill up with boiled water once a day, so you should carry as much capacity you need for the day).
- Energy bars.
- Extra money to buy groceries, souvenirs, etc.
- Filmadora and / or camera with lots of spare film or memory.
- Headlamp or flashlight and extra batteries.